University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. 1997)
Florida A&M University (B.S. 1993)
As a partner in the firm and experienced defense attorney, Ron has established a reputation as a sought-after corporate litigator, advisor, and speaker in both the Midwest and national legal communities.Ronald Austin, Jr. is a highly regarded corporate attorney who concentrates in the areas of employment law, healthcare law, commercial litigation, and product liability litigation. Ron joined Grant Law in 2015 as a partner.
Ron’s practice includes representing health care providers, financial services companies, retailers, manufacturers, and insurance companies in employment litigation, contract disputes, and corporate transactions.
Ron also represents clients in commercial litigation and product liability litigation, including automobile, construction equipment, and food equipment manufacturers.
Ron has extensive experience defending against toxic tort claims and serves as national counsel for manufacturing clients in asbestos personal-injury actions. As national counsel, he manages all aspects of the litigation, including trial.
In addition, Ron regularly advises and provides training to clients to help them avoid litigation.
Ron is a licensed member of the Illinois Bar and a member of the trial bar for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He has also been admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, Southern District of Illinois, Northern District of Indiana, Southern District of Indiana, and the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Ron serves as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of PCC Community Wellness Center, a federally qualified health center with locations in Chicago and the western suburbs. He also serves on the Community Board Member Advisory Panel for the Illinois Primary Health Care Association. Additionally, Ron serves as Vice-Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Victory Apostolic Church.
Ron obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1997. Prior to law school, Ron graduated from Florida A&M University, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1993.
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (Vice Chair of Mentor Committee, Publications Committee)
- Chicago Bar Association (Business Law Committee, Health Law Committee)
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Chairman of the Board of Directors – PCC Community Wellness Center
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Victory Apostolic Church
- Community Board Member Advisory Panel – Illinois Primary Health Care Association
- “Litigating Non-Compete Agreements” – Association of Defense Trial Attorneys’ Annual Meeting (2017)
- “Amendments to the Illinois Limited Liability Company Act” – Illinois Paralegal Association’s Spring Education Conference (2017)
- “Introduction to the Family Medical Leave Act” – client presentation (2011, 2017)
- “Diversity and Inclusion” – client presentation (2016, 2017)
- “Employment Laws Every Business Owner Should Know” – Chicago Urban League’s Next Level Business Development Program (2016)
- “Bylaws and Operating Agreements” – Illinois Paralegal Association’s Corporate Section Meeting
- “Team Building Basics” – client presentation (2013)
- “Estate Planning” – client presentation (2013, 2014, 2016)
- “Organizing Your Business” – client presentation (2012)